Position: Online Content Writer
Level: Mid Level
Education: Bachelor of Mass Communication or other related Bachelors degree
Are You A Technical And Digitally Savvy Content Writer?
One of Australia’s leading mortgage brokerages – Home Loan Experts is looking for two Online Content Writers to join its marketing and technology team.
We want creative writers with an obsession for creating compelling copy and an exceptional eye for detail.
You may just be the right fit for the role if you have at least 2 year’s experience writing for consumer-facing publications, both print or online.
Previous experience writing finance or mortgage-related copy will be considered highly.
This role is suitable for a:
- Content Writer
- Digital Journalist
- Editorial Coordinator
- Freelance Writer
- Other similar roles
What you’ll be doing
You’ll get to stretch your creative muscle by producing compelling:
- Landing pages
- Ad copy
- Blog posts
- Guest posts for other websites
- Press releases
- Copy/scripts for videos and animations
- Social media posts
Your role will be dynamic and you’ll play a big role in a small marketing team made up of user experience (UX) specialists, graphic designers and developers.
What are the requirements?
Must-have (please address each essential criteria in your CV)
- A portfolio of published work (not personal blog posts).
- At least 2 years’ experience writing for consumer-facing publications or websites.
- Perfect English and an ability to write in different styles and tones.
- Great research and interviewing skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Well-organised and an ability to manage time well.
- Ability to think critically.
- Basic computer skills specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bachelor of Communication or other Bachelors degree (completed or in progress).
- Highly desired are A-LEVELs with a B or higher grade in ‘General Paper’.
- A basic understanding of HTML and the importance of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) (training will be provided).
- Experience with WordPress or a similar Content Management System (CMS) such as Umbraco, Joomla!, Drupal, SilverStripe or GetSimple.
The benefits of joining us:
- A competitive monthly salary.
- A secure long-term role.
- Paid annual leave and sick leave.
- Flexible start time to compliment your lifestyle.
- Industry-leading training and an environment that values continued learning and development.
- Parties and events – we want you to have some fun at work!
- Free breakfast every day.
Your Key areas of Responsibilities as a Online Content Writer are:
- Support the MarTech Team in generating a higher number of better quality inquiries via our website
- Support the MarTech Team in generating more organic traffic to the website
- Support the MarTech Team in maintaining and exceeding MarTech Team KPIs (e.g. organic traffic and
- Maintenance of our web pages landing pages, ad copy, blog posts, guest post, press releases,
infographics, inquiry forms, our social media sites etc
- Maintain and contribute to the MarTech knowledge base (MarTech Wiki)
- Upload testimonials provided by clients
- Ensure compliance with and current knowledge of legislation, market trends and analysis, and key
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as may be required
Other Key skills required to meet position objectives:
- Ability to think critically, inquisitive and ask lots well-thought-out questions
- The ability to tell a story and build a picture on a topic to engage the target audience
- Legitimate journalism experience and has been published on a regular basis (blogs don’t count)
- Basic computer skills specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously to achieve deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and prioritization of workload
- Ability to work closely with a diverse and cross-cultural team
Work hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm including 1 hour lunch break
*Position description will be discussed in detail during the face-to-face interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have further questions, please contact our Recruitment Specialist at 980 1066 231.
Sounds like the opportunity for you?
If you have trouble filling in our online application form, please send in your updated CV and cover letter with the Subject line: Online Content Writer to email@example.com
Before applying, please go through the About Us section to learn more regarding our company.
If you are applying for a position that is not currently available then we may contact you only when new opportunities are available.
Please note that the information on this page is subject to change without prior notice.