Level: Entry level
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
The IT Assistant will be responsible for providing first line IT support to our internal staff. The primary focus of the employee will be on prompt resolution of IT issues via desk-side, virtual, phone or email support with our users. They need to make sure our IT system and devices run smoothly to support the company’s operation.
Your key areas of responsibilities are:
- Provide consistent, first-line support for our staff seeking assistance with IT issues and making sure the business runs smoothly from an IT perspective.
- Be available for support and respond promptly to users’ inquiries, complaints and requests.
- Make comments and documentation on tickets for all user interactions. Provide updates to supervisors and the reporting manager.
- Monitor the company’s network and liaise with service providers to maintain ~100% uptime of network and connectivity.
- Complete on-boarding and off-boarding IT tasks. Follow our on-boarding and off-boarding checklist which includes installing software, setting up and removing accounts, providing and collecting devices, etc.
- Create and update our IT manuals to ensure quality documentation exists for the support process.
- Mentoring and supporting other team members.
- Analyze technical issues and problems in the organization and suggest better ways of IT practices.
- Liaising with vendors in the market to find appropriate IT devices that meet our requirements. Repairing devices through service centers if and when required.
- Work with Office Administrator to manage IT Inventory including laptops, peripherals and other IT devices.
- Any other AD HOC tasks when required.
Key skills and qualifications required to meet position objectives:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Practical knowledge of Networking (WAN & LAN) topology and protocols.
- Practical knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware components.
- Practical knowledge of Windows, MS office, outlook and other frequently used software.
- Understanding of G-Suite services and administration.
- Ability to document processes and procedures for a variety of audiences.
- Prior work experience is not essential. We prefer driven candidates willing to learn and develop with a committed attitude towards providing quality customer service in this role.
- Great attitude and a ever-learning mindset.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Planning, organising and prioritizing tasks.
- Proactive with responsibilities and able to act on requests promptly.
- Administrative and organization skills.
- Accountability & Dependability.
- IT enthusiast with a good understanding of Networking, Hardware and Security.
- Experienced in working with frequently used enterprise software and tools like OS, Office, VPN, Antivirus, Skype, Softphone, etc.
- Experience with Active Directory, ITSM Systems, Cybersecurity, Project Management will be an added advantage.
- A generous salary based on experience and skills.
- Paid Annual, Festival and Sick leaves, well above Nepal’s labour law.
- Attractive Profit and Dashain bonus.
- Provident Fund and Gratuity as per labor law of Nepal.
- A secure long-term role with career development opportunities.
- Industry-leading training and an environment that values continuous learning and development
- Flexible working environment.
- A dedicated room for recreational purposes; as “all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!”
- Full breakfast, team lunches and regular team-building events. WE LOVE TO HAVE
- Office sponsored ‘Employee Assistance Program’.
- Working from home during COVID. All essentials equipment will be provided to you.
- Work 5 days a week. (except 1st Sunday of the month).
- Why you think are suitable for the position you’ve applied for.
- State and explain your interests and achievements.
Why you should join us?
*Work hours: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm including 1-hour lunch break
Please outline the following in your Cover Letter with the subject line “Career: IT Assistant“, addressing all the essential requirements.”
*The Position description will be discussed in detail during the Virtual interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sounds like the opportunity for you?
Before applying, please go through the About Us section to learn more regarding our company.
If you are applying for a position that is not currently available then we may contact you only when new opportunities are available.
Please note that the information on this page is subject to change without prior notice.